App not restarting

jkbhs

TX dust collector
Hi there,

Maybe I'm doing something basic wrong... However I tried to follow the tutorial (https://forum.wolfbot.org/threads/volume-profile.18/) and was having some trouble.

Whenever I reset the app to apply new settings, it would never finish restarting, so I would have to restart manually and log in. Otherwise I would just see the modal window.

When backtesting I would get this error (attached), tried many different configs and always the same.

Attached Files:

Ekliptor

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have to restart for backtesting. I am working on adding more docs to make this more clear (and avoid having to answer the same questions in support tickets again and again). You can configure a config under "Configuration" and then just select it's name under "Backtesting" without a restart. The restart is only required once you want to use that config for live trading, ie to show up under "Strategies".
So you can do live trading with a well-tested config while Backtesting new ideas.

About the exchange errors:
Currently full history is available for:
Bitfinex:
USD_BTC
USD_ETH
USD_LTC
USD_BCH
USD_XRP
USD_EOS
USD_IOTA
BTC_ETH
BTC_BCH
BTC_EOS

Poloniex:
USDT_BTC
USDT_ETH
BTC_ETH
BTC_LTC
BTC_DASH
BTC_XMR
BTC_DOGE

The history updates every 24h, so it might not fully include the last day. For backtesting I generally recommend using a time period of 1-4 weeks from the previous week.
If you expect a certain market scenario to repeat (particular drop, high volatility week,...) or want to test how your strategy performs during this market you should go back further in time and select a date range from that period.